ICBC growing highway exams
Photo: file photo
The Insurance policy Corporation of BC is adding supplemental “short term” driver examiners and and growing its take a look at places in purchase to assistance alleviate wait situations for street checks.
All supplemental test destinations are in the Reduced Mainland, Fraser Valley and Victoria.
Buyers reserving on line for Course 5 or 7 street exams will have the selection to guide at just one of the 10 temporary test spots as they commence opening.
The 100 momentary examiners will typically be positioned in individuals places.
ICBC suggests the measures are becoming taken in purchase to comprehensive road checks cancelled because of to the pandemic, and also to fulfill demand for new appointments.
At the moment, ICBC is only accepting clients who have a booked road exam appointment, wander-in and standby appointments are not obtainable.
New bookings, put on keep at the commencing of the pandemic, will be accepted starting Monday.
Eligible customers should e book a street take a look at on line. These wishing Class 1 to 4 highway checks will have to ebook by cell phone at 1-800-950-1498.
Ads a basic safety precaution, all examiners are necessary to wear personalized protecting products for the length of the check. Health care grade masks will also be supplied for consumers to put on through the check.
Shoppers will be not able to get a road examination if they:
- have traveled exterior of Canada within just the very last 14 days,
- have been in close get hold of with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 coronavirus in just the past 14 times,
- have signs or symptoms of COVID-19 this kind of as respiratory health issues or trouble breathing, a fever greater than 38.?C (100.4? F) or a cough,
- have been requested to self-isolate for 14 days, or
- have moved to B.C. from exterior of Canada within just the previous 14 times.
Reader. Organizer. General creator. Zombie fanatic. Alcohol advocate. Food junkie. Bacon ninja.