WINNIPEG – Public wellness officers in Manitoba suggest the existing five-day COVID-19 check positivity rate is 1.45 per cent.
30-five new circumstances of the virus have been recognized as of Sunday, August 9, 2020. This provides the overall amount of lab-confirmed beneficial and possible optimistic scenarios in Manitoba to 542.
The info exhibits there ended up:
- 20 new conditions in the Prairie Mountain Wellbeing area
- 10 new scenarios in the Southern Health and fitness – Santé Sud wellbeing region
- four new cases in the Winnipeg wellbeing area and
- 1 new circumstance in the Interlake-Jap wellness area.
Whilst lots of of today’s circumstances appear to be connected to known clusters in southern and western Manitoba or are close contacts of a beforehand-declared case, preliminary information implies that there may perhaps be a tiny quantity of situations of unknown acquisition in these areas.
Case investigations are ongoing to figure out doable COVID-19 exposures. When the investigations are accomplished, added info will be presented as necessary to tell persons of any public health and fitness dangers.
The info also displays:
- six present hospitalizations, with a few persons in intensive care
- 182 lively scenarios and 352 individuals have recovered from COVID-19 and
- the selection of deaths owing to COVID-19 remains at 8.
Preliminary tests quantities present an additional 756 laboratory assessments were being done on Saturday, bringing the whole amount of exams completed considering that early February to 100,830.