08/30/2021 – by Heinz Wittmann
Wild Wings players Ken Andre Olimb and Peter Spornberger missed out on Olympic tickets. Norway and Italy failed to qualify for Beijing.
The 32-year-old striker Olimb, who switched to Wild Wings from Düsseldorf EG, played Norway against Denmark, South Korea and Slovenia in Oslo over the weekend for an Olympic ticket. Against South Korea, the Norwegians won 4–1, Olimb was able to tax a hit. The Norwegians were also successful against Slovenia, winning 7:4. Olimb hit the mark again.
Damage to Denmark
Then came the deciding match for the group victory between Norway and Denmark in front of 2,500 spectators. Denmark won 2–0 and secured the ticket. Olimb can take comfort in the fact that it has already participated in two Olympic Games.
SERC defender Spornberger will also not be in the 2022 Olympics. The 22-year-old was to travel to Riga with Italy. The Italians were openly outsiders compared to hosts Latvia. On the other hand, France and Hungary seemed victorious. But first it was a 6–0 loss to Squadra Azurra against Latvia. The game was then lost 2–0 against France. In the end, the Italians were also beaten 2–1 by Hungary and were at the bottom of the group. Latvia secured the ticket with a 2–1 win over France in front of 7,954 spectators.
Germany had already qualified for the Olympic Games in 2022. group division; Group A: Canada, USA, Germany, China; group B; Russia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Denmark; Group C: Finland, Sweden, Slovakia, Latvia. The three winners of the group and the best runner-up in the group qualify directly for the quarter-finals. All other teams play quarter-final qualification against each other according to their placements.
Would you like us to write a letter to the editor? enter here.
Are you already registered? Then register higher:
Our offers for new customers
by day pass
- The purchase of a Day Pass entitles you to download an e-paper version and use the full website for 24 hours from the time of purchase.
Available for only 2.00 Euro
- Round the clock NQ delivery full variety of articles from the field. With our web subscription you have full access to all the content on our homepage (except NQ-ePaper). The whole thing is available for just 9.99 euros per month, with no obligation and can be canceled at any time at the end of the following month.
- As a non-customer, you can also purchase individual e-paper issues in PDF format. We charge 1 credit for each point. In addition, purchase of the e-paper version entitles the user to use the entire website for 24 hours from the time of purchase. Credits can be added to your credit account in packages of 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Become a Digital Customer Now
- Read NQ-e-Paper whenever and wherever you want. Once registered, you can use our digital offers on all important channels – with your access data you can access via your PC, your tablet (Android / iOS) or your smartphone.
Print + Subscribe Now
- As a subscriber to our print edition, you can also access our full website. This includes, for example, the use of our e-papers, our online collection and the posting of free (private) classified ads.
This contribution discussion will be moderated. The editors reserve the right to remove comments submitted by them if they violate the code of conduct. Individual comments may be used for publication in the print edition.
Web guru. Amateur thinker. Unapologetic problem solver. Zombie expert. Hipster-friendly travel geek. Social mediaholic.