Owners of one of the most reputable food processors sometimes find it annoying when they have to clean their Thermomix. There are many parts and crevices where food can often get stuck. This can often be the result of fingers protruding from the blade. To save you the hassle, here are some useful cleaning tips and tricks. These offer simple cleaning methods with minimal effort and above all without any injury. Just keep reading to know more about it.
Before you clean your Thermomix
To keep your kitchen appliance working properly, you must know how to clean it so that it is well worth the investment. Those who own a cooking appliance like this one swear it’s the best purchase they’ve ever made. so it can cooking at home be a piece of cake.
However, the most important thing about your Thermomix other than knowing how to use it is cleaning it. If your device isn’t working as it should, there are simple explanations and solutions. Additionally, this food processor does a lot, but that could mean it’s not as clean as you might like in between uses.
Pre-clean kitchen equipment
A cool tip that will help you find the real Make your cooking tools easy to clean, is an implementation of the so-called pre-cleaning, which also works automatically. This includes blade fling, which is less intimidating than it sounds, as well as a turbo flush. Knife throwers are a great way to get rid of flour or other debris that collects around your machine’s knives. After scooping out the contents of your Thermomix bowl with a spatula, put the lid on and turn your machine on speed 4 for a few seconds. This will remove everything from the blade and the whisk if it is even there. Then you can take everything out again and be surprised how much more comes out.
After removing the food from the bowl, pour enough hot water on the bottom to cover the blade. Then set the machine to pulsate again a few times using the “Turbo” function or turn on the machine at speed 10 for 5 seconds. This removes any residue left in the bowl, making the actual cleanup a lot easier too. To keep your device in tip-top shape, there are a few simple tricks you can use.
Instructions for Thorough Cleaning of the Thermomix
A Thermomix is technically self-cleaning, so after use you can fill the bowl with water and add a drop of dish soap to cover the blade. Use the turbo setting for a few seconds and discard the soapy water. Then replace it with clean water and pulse again for a few seconds. Repeat the process as necessary to ensure that the bowl is completely free of soap and dirt. You can also steam clean if the bowl is particularly dirty. So make sure you take the best care of your investment and follow these steps to thoroughly clean your Thermomix every time you use it.
- step 1: To clean Thermomix blades, cover them with water and add the eggshell to the bowl. Turn on TURBO function for a few seconds and wash off with clean water. You can then use the water with the eggshells for your plants.
- step 2: Use a baby toothbrush to clean the underside of the blade and around the rubber washer and black knob on the Thermomix blade. You can also use the bristles to clean the side of your Thermomix.
- step 3: You can wash all removable parts of the Thermomix in the top rack of the dishwasher, but hand washing is best to extend the life of your device. Soak in warm, soapy water for a few minutes and wipe with a non-abrasive sponge. Again, for tricky spots, you can use an old toothbrush or bottle brush and then let the pieces dry completely on the dish rack.
- step 4: Wipe down the Thermomix body with a damp microfiber cloth dipped in a little vinegar. Use a dry, soft-bristled brush to clean the switch.
Do’s and Don’ts When Cleaning Thermomix
Never throw away juiced lemons. Store the skins in the freezer, and toss a few into the bowl of the unit from time to time with enough water to cover the blades. Then whiz on the Turbo for a few seconds to refresh and clean the Thermomix bowl and lid. A small bottle brush for cleaning baby bottles is also perfect for cleaning under the blade and around the edge of the Thermomix lid.
Store your Thermomix on a folded tea towel or bamboo mat to make it that much easier to carry around the kitchen bench. This is especially helpful for owners who don’t have a lot of kitchen counter space.
Some spices, such as turmeric, can be quite difficult to clean from the bowl. If you’re washing the bowl yourself, turn the blade upside down for a few seconds to really seep through the water in the bowl. If you are grinding flour, sugar or cocoa, place cling film over the bowl before putting the lid on. This will help you prevent all the powder from getting into the side of the lid.
Another trick of completely drying out a Thermomix bowl will come in handy if you want to cook with dry ingredients after they’re wet. Wash thoroughly and then loosely place a tea towel on the bottom of the Thermomix (without the blade). Close the lid, set upside down to level 2 and zoom in for 10 seconds. Be sure to put the food processor in reverse mode first.
Use clever hacks and clean your Thermomix
- 2 tsp baking soda, 1 quart water and 1/4 cup. get rid of bad smell Lemon juice Pour into a bowl and heat on Varoma Speed 3 for 10-15 minutes.
- You can also remove brown stains from the bottom of the bowl. by doing a Baking soda and water paste Mix and spread on the bottom of the bowl. Leave on for 5-10 minutes and then exfoliate.
- For a more thorough clean, mix about 800 ml of water, about 150 ml of vinegar, and 2 tbsp of baking soda. Then heat on Varoma for 10-15 minutes at 3-4 level.
- Remove the burnt or sticking food by putting half a lemon in the bowl and cutting it at a speed of 9 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add 400g of water. Heat for 10-15 minutes, with Varoma, set 3-4, rinse and wipe.
- Another great hack you can use to get rid of crusted debris is to use a denture cleaning tab. Put some of these in a bowl with half a bowl of water and let them soak. Then filter and wash.
- After using some spices like cardamom or turmeric, clean the lid if it gets stained from inside. Wash the lid thoroughly and dry the area in the sun for a few hours until all the stains are gone.
Web guru. Amateur thinker. Unapologetic problem solver. Zombie expert. Hipster-friendly travel geek. Social mediaholic.