Construction Link -> Editorial Team || <पुराने 2021/0040 छोटे> >> |
(10.1.2021) From now on, planners and operators of particularly successful sports facilities can apply for the IOC IPC IAKS Architecture Awards. In total, the International Olympic Committee, the International Paralympic Committee and the Association for International Sports and Recreation Facilities have awarded three different architectural awards, which are awarded in gold, silver and bronze:
- IOC IAKS Award Exemplary distinguishes buildings and complexes that combine sensible stability and novelty, clear functionality and exceptional architecture.
- IPC IAKS Award To improve accessibility of all sports and leisure facilities and architectural structures to provide an opportunity for all people to watch or exercise sports without restrictions and without obstacles.
- IOC IPC IAKS Architecture and Design Award for Students and Young Professionals Aimed at young architects, landscape architects and designers. You are invited to develop ideas that transform the areas of cities and communities into active spaces and design sustainable buildings.
For the first two competitions, the system would have already proved itself in operation; In the youth talent competition, however, design is awarded. Both the new building and the expansion, modernization, renovation or conversion are eligible for the first two competitions. The system has been completed and must be put into operation between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2020 and has proven itself in operation for at least one year. Temporary event infrastructure or architecture (for example, infrastructure that can be demolished or relocated for large sporting events) may also participate in the competition. The Young Talent Award is endowed with prize money.
Applications can be submitted in one of the following competition categories. It ranges from popular sports facilities in the spectrum locality to stadiums for major events:
- The steps
- Playgrounds and public open spaces
- Multipurpose Hall and Arenas
- Facilities covered for sports, leisure and entertainment
- Bath and health facilities
- Special facilities for sports, leisure and entertainment
The last date for application for youth talent competition is March 31, 2021 or April 30, 2021.
The work presented will be judged in June 2021 by an international jury made up of the personalities of the IOC, IPC and IAKS. The award ceremony is to be held on October 26, 2021 as part of the IAKS Congress in Cologne.
These awards are given every two years for exceptional achievements in the planning and operation of sports, leisure and recreational buildings. In 2019, a total of 98 projects applied from all continents. The range of award-winning facilities runs from large international sports facilities in Australia and the United States to a universally barrier-free toboggan with a viewing tower in Canada.
See also for additional information: