Japan: Workers accidentally trigger fire extinguishing equipment – and die from excess carbon dioxide

Japan: Workers accidentally trigger fire extinguishing equipment - and die from excess carbon dioxide

Fire extinguishers are really supposed to save lives – but if used incorrectly, they can also be dangerous: four workers are in an underground car park in the capital of Japan Like this Died because the fire extinguishing system was accidentally activated. The system released carbon dioxide. The Japanese reported that the workers died Kyodo News Agency.

Another person was seriously injured in the incident on Thursday and is in the hospital. Accordingly, one of the six workers was able to run out and raise the alarm.

The ratio of carbon dioxide in the air has increased significantly

The men were in the process of replacing the roof panel in the parking garage of a residential building. According to the police and fire brigade, the fire extinguishing system was activated and started emitting carbon dioxide (CO₂) as an extinguishing agent. The shutters also closed. Workers were trapped in a closed room with high COO levels.

After the fatal incident, rescuers measured a CO f value of about 20 percent in the garage – hundreds of times higher than normal levels, as announced by the Tokyo Fire Department.

Carbon dioxide displaces oxygen in the air in high concentrations and can thus extinguish fires. However, people may choke as a result of this. If used improperly in small rooms, it can also occur with CO ex fire extinguishers.

READ  Bill de Blasio bemoans the entire world he assisted generate
Written By
More from Cary Payne

Six-legged dog born in Oklahoma

Updated on February 24, 2021, 1:06 pm. A small six-legged dog was...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *