Canada has had additional than 118,500 whole situations of COVID-19, with far more than 6,400 circumstances thought of lively. Here’s what else you want to know to commence your day.
1. Aluminum tariff: Canada is arranging to retaliate with countermeasures just after U.S. President Donald Trump announced his programs to impose a 10-for every-cent tariff on Canadian aluminum imports.
2. Beirut reaction: In the aftermath of the devastating explosion that killed at the very least 135 people today and wounded 5,000 additional in Beirut, Lebanese-Canadians scrambled to get hold of cherished kinds even now dwelling there even though battling to appear to terms with what experienced just transpired in their homeland.
3. Disability aid: Canadians with disabilities waiting for the federal government’s promised one-time, non-taxable payment of up to $600 will start off receiving that income sometime this fall.
4. Migrant worker legal rights: The pandemic has place a pressure on Ontario’s farming sector, revealing cracks that threaten not just the flow of Canada’s foodstuff offer, but the legal rights and overall health of the migrant employees who retain it going, with employees alleging that their movement is being managed.
5. Summer camps: Advocates say that, with no pandemic help from the govt for camps, foreseeable future summers could see fewer campfires and cabins for little ones to love.
One much more thing…
Visualizing the destruction: CTV News has mapped what the effect of the explosion in Beirut would have looked like in metropolitan areas throughout Canada.