(Please actually list here And don’t refer to the signature, because some don’t see it and the hardware changes)
- Processor (CPU): AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
- Main Memory (RAM): G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 2×16 GB, DDR5-6400, CL32-39-39-102 (F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK)
- Motherboard: Asus ProArt X670e Creator Wi-Fi (90MB1B90-M0EAY0)
- PSU: ASUS ROG Thor Platinum, ROG-THOR-1200P, 1200W ATX 2.4 (90YE0080-B001N0)
- Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG
- Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
- HDD / SSD: WD Black SN850 + PNY XLR8 CS3030 + Samsung 860 Evo + Seagate FireCuda 530 + Kingston Fury Renegade
- Other hardware that apparently has something to do with the problem (monitor model, cooling, etc.): WaKü with MoRA, otherwise there should be nothing related to it.
2. Describe your problem. The more precise and better you describe your problem, the better we can help you (eg additional pictures may be helpful):
I have the problem that the computer runs smoothly, can be left on overnight without any problems or even crashes, but as soon as I encode the video to x265 using handbrake overnight, the box shuts down . It is resumed without BSOD (already seen live) and without errors in the event log except “Unexpected error”.
3. What steps have you already taken/tried to resolve this issue and what did it do?
At first I thought, OK, your CO setting isn’t stable, took it out, took out the PBO, completely reset the BIOS, has the latest BIOS (v0705) on it. Now it plays completely stock, no changes and yet the box always crashes while encoding the video.
Temperature is not a problem, even with 5.5Ghz allcore and 300-310W powerdraw in CBR23 I’m at 80C on CPU. When encoding, I even turned it back on (since it was a waste) as the CPU runs at 55-60C with 150W PPT and 4.8Ghz allcore.
It doesn’t matter if I play hard OC, stay stick, run UV. Video encoding that gives long load and reboot box. However, there is no problem with gaming for hours. I’ve been googling for some time now and in combination with the 7950X + X670E there are some reports that it is not running stably. Some have problems with idle, others have problems under load.
I haven’t had any memory errors (so I’ll rule out RAM), and had no problems detecting and training it.
Are there perhaps others who have had similar experiences?
Here are some of those links:
Internet fan. Alcohol expert. Beer ninja. Organizer. Certified tv specialist. Explorer. Social media nerd.