OTTAWA, May 27 /PRNewswire/ — Ten years ago, the last Canadian penny was minted at the Royal Canadian Mint in Winnipeg. Today Mint is releasing 1 oz. Silver Collector’s Coin Edition of the penny to commemorate the decade that it last came off the press. The classic GE Kruger Gray Twin Maple Leaf & Twig design appears on the 10th anniversary of the 2022 1st Fine Silver Coin – “Farewell to the Penny”. This collector’s coin was minted in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the home of Canada’s own circulation coinage and the birthplace of the penny. It also bears the mint “W” (Winnipeg) as a symbol of its origin. This new collectible, along with a few others, is available starting today.
The Mint is introducing a limited number of collector coins that take the famous Maple Leaf series of gold and silver coin designs to a whole new level. Maple Leaf on 2022 $200 Pure Gold Coin – Ultra-High Relief GML and 2022 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Ultra-High Relief 1 oz. The SML, is innovatively raised and reaches a height of 1.8 mm and 1.4 mm respectively – almost seven times the height of the relief on traditional bullion coins.
Other new products are:
* 2022 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Ultra High Relief 5 oz. sml;
* 2022 $10 pure gold coin—Everlasting Maple Leaf by artist Michelle Grant;
* 2022 $5 Silver Coin – Moments to Capture: Your Canadian Story, the second in a four-part series;
* $50 fine silver coin of 2022 – Canadian ghost ship, designed by Neil Hamelin, whose entire design is revealed with a black light flashlight; And
* 2022 $30 file Silver Coin – Vision of Canada, featuring an overhead perspective of some of Canada’s most awe-inspiring scenery on a 2 oz canvas.
These products can be ordered from Mint by calling 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or at the following address. www.mint.ca, Pictures of coins can be seen here.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the government agency responsible for minting and issuing Canada’s circulation coins. The mint is one of the largest and most diverse mints in the world, offering a wide range of internationally specialized, high quality coin products and related services. For more information about Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca, Follow Coins on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
For more information, please contact Media: Alex Reeves, Senior Manager, Public Affairs, Tel:
613-884-6370, [email protected]
Devoted web advocate. Bacon scholar. Internet lover. Passionate twitteraholic. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Lifelong beer fanatic.