May 14, 2021 – by Heinz Wittmann / EB
Ramage’s move has been officially confirmed. Christopher Fisher, who no longer received a contract at Schweningen, joined the Heilbronner Falcons.
NECKARQUELLE announced exclusively to Wechsen yesterday, now that the Wild Wings are making the change official: After two years in the federal capital, Canadian-born John Ramage is moving towards the origins of Necker. In the Polar Bears, the right-shooter made a total of 87 missions and was the defender who received the most ice in the main rounds and the play-offs last championship season. The 30-year-old has also had a notable career in North America, where he played twice in college (NCAA), AHL and NHL after being drawn in the fourth round of the Calgary Flames in the 2010 entry draft.
“Over the past two years I have followed the path of Wild Wings, and I was very impressed with the direction I was taking in Schwenningen. I want to be a part of it now and I am sure that we will be extremely happy in the years to come Will be competitive ”, says the current DEL champion about his move.
Sports Director Christophe Krutzer sees the 2010 U20 World Champion as a full-quality player for the defenseman: “With John we get an excellent two-way defender. He is a winner and that is exactly what we need here. “And head coach Niklas Sunderblad predicts:” John is a very solid, true shooting defender who brings a lot of experience, leadership quality and a winning mentality to our team, which he did many times with three championships. is. He will give us crucial minutes in the coming season and give quality to our team in many playing conditions. “
Christoph Fisher has also found a new employer. With Heilbroner Falken in DEL2, the defender signed a two-year contract. Fisher has been in consecutive first-class matches since 2006 and has played a total of 591 DEL games (43 goals, 183 assists). In addition, the former German international celebrated the championship in 2015 with Mannheim.
89 games and 40 points
For wild geese, the right-shooter ran from 2019 to 21. He scored 40 points (three goals / 37 assists) for Schweningen in 89 games. Fisher had insisted that he would prefer to stay at Necker’s source, as his family also felt comfortable here. He must have accepted a drop in salary for this. And many fans would love to see Fisher in a Schweninger jersey. However, the 33-year-old no longer played any role in planning those responsible for the Wild Wings. This is certainly also because the 1.79-meter-tall and 86-kg heavy player, who is considered an offensive defender, was able to provide a lower impulse on Necker’s origins in the second year than the first. Fisher was signed in 2019 to replace Dominic Bitner, who moved to Wolfsburg.
Born in Heidelberg, he was a promotional license holder for Heilbron between 2005 and 2009. Upon his return, Fisher said: “I am really looking forward to the new challenge in DEL2 and have great memories of Heilbronn. The proximity to my homeland and the fact that I can play for an ice hockey-loving city, The decision to return to the Falcons became easy for me. “
Would you like us to write a letter to the editor? enter here.
Already registered? Then register higher:
Our Offers For New Customers
By day pass
- The purchase of Day Pass gives you the right to download an e-paper version and use the entire website for 24 hours from the time of purchase.
Available for only 2.00 Euros
- Full variety of articles from the 24-hour NQ distribution area. With our web subscription you have full access to all the contents of our homepage (except NQ-ePaper). The whole thing is available for only 9.99 Euros per month, with no obligation and can be canceled at any time at the end of the next month.
- As a non-subscriber, you can also purchase individual e-paper issues in PDF format. We charge 1 credit for one point. In addition, the purchase of the e-paper version gives the user the right to use the entire website for 24 hours from the time of purchase. Credits can be added to your credit account in packages of 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Become a Digital Customer Now
- Read NQ-e-paper whenever and wherever you want. Once registered, you can use our digital offers on all important channels – with your access data you can access through your PC, your tablet (Android / iOS) or your smartphone.
Print now + become a subscriber
- As a subscriber to our print edition, you can also use our entire website. This includes, for example, the use of our e-paper, our online collection and posting of free (private) classified ads.
This contribution discussion will be moderated. The editors reserve the right to remove comments submitted if they violate the code of conduct. Personal comments can be used for publication in the print edition.