The Algoma Public Health has confirmed case #30 of COVID-19 case at a long-term home in Sault Ste. Marie.
According to the health unit, the individual was tested on September 14th and is considered resolved.
A statement issued by the F.J. Davey Home indicates the positive test was the result of staff surveillance testing carried out that week.
The statement reads in collaboration with Algoma Public Health, we have determined that this will not affect our scheduled in-door or outdoor visits, but if this changes, family and Public Health Ontario will be notified immediately.
Algoma Public Health is continuing its assessment of the situation.
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is also reporting another case, #102 where no travel or contact is known.
That person is also self-isolating.
A look at the numbers
There was a slight decline in the number of new COVID-19 cases reported across the province yesterday.
The 365 new diagnoses are down from the more than 400 reported Friday and Saturday.
Two-thirds of the new cases were in people under the age of 40.
A month ago, Ontario was reporting about 100 new cases per day.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says the rising numbers are an “increasing concern.”
Charges likely for Hamilton partiers
Charges are likely, after police from four different jurisdictions broke up a huge gathering in Hamilton Saturday night, just hours after Premier Doug Ford announced a rollback to crowd limits at private gatherings.
The new rules, which apply across the province for at least the next four weeks, lower the cap on indoor gatherings to 10 and outdoor events to 25.
Hamilton police Superintendant Will Mason says the participants should be ashamed of themselves and he’s promising charges against them.
Fines for those who violate the new restrictions start at 10-thousand dollars for organizers, and 750 dollars for participants.
Elementary school closed in Ottawa
A Catholic school in Ottawa is the first elementary school in the province to be closed by a coronavirus outbreak.
The school has had four new cases of COVID-19 in the past couple of days two in teachers, and two in students.
It’ll be shuttered for at least two weeks.
Mobile testing sites are being set up at the school today and tomorrow for parents and students.
Last week, a high school with more than 700 students and staff in Pembroke, northwest of Ottawa, was forced to close after an outbreak was declared.
Devoted web advocate. Bacon scholar. Internet lover. Passionate twitteraholic. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Lifelong beer fanatic.