Exceptional: Julianne Moore, Don Cheadle, Sanaa Lathan, Rebecca Corridor, Chris Cooper, Alessandro Nivola, Emily Mortimer, Rosie Perez and Debra Winger are among the the all-star cast of innovative function “With/In,” a produced-at-dwelling anthology film revolving all around themes of confinement and isolation.
Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray’s newly rebranded Maven Monitor Media (“American Honey”) is in manufacturing on the two-hour characteristic, which is a assortment of small films designed throughout lockdown by a slew of leading actors and administrators. Scroll down for the full checklist of contributors.
The venture was initiated when Maven and Emmy-profitable writer-producer Margaret Nagle (“Boardwalk Empire”) questioned actor-director family members and close friends to appear up with stories about existence trapped inside. Storylines include things like a few trapped together soon after a just one evening stand, children scheming to run absent from their paranoid dad, a divorced couple isolating alongside one another for the sake of their doggy, and a widow working with her grief.
It was filmed employing shared devices, with DP Zach Kuperstein and seem consultant Dan Bricker advising remotely by means of Zoom. Oscar-nominated editor Tariq Anwar (“American Attractiveness,” “The King’s Speech”) is editing.
Maven companions Rattray and Styler produced with Peter and Michael Sobiloff. Nic Marshall and Jenny Halper oversaw generation for Maven. CAA and UTA are managing throughout the world sales, with principal images ending imminently. A part of the proceeds are earmarked for Feeding America and their reaction to Covid.
“We wanted to discover what isolation indicates to diverse individuals, and asked a handful of artists whose do the job we seriously admire,” Celine Rattray and Trudie Styler reported in a joint statement. “What they came up with, to our delight, were being tales about human relationship that ended up potent and humorous and incredibly distinctive. Our approach is to continue on to inform these tales, and to capture a instant in time that is continuing to alter.”
Margaret Nagle added: “This minute is collectively even bigger than we are and we desired to capture that. The tales have themes of like, reduction, redemption, hope and changeover instructed as a result of the lens of these artists. The planet has been altered so radically in these a quick interval of time and we needed to take a look at creativity in just the barriers of confinement and build new forms of storytelling.”
Maven, which recently wrapped Keira Knightley feature “Silent Night” and “A Mouthful Of Air” with Amanda Seyfried and Paul Giamatti, has a short while ago rebranded from Maven Photographs to Maven Display Media.
Rattray explained the title alter to us: “Maven Monitor Media is a new chapter for Trudie and myself. We will be generating content across film, Television and electronic but with a robust drive into Tv set and digital. We will be operating much a lot more with United kingdom creating and directing expertise, which we are thrilled about centered on the extraordinary expertise below, and we will be capturing more in the British isles and hiring right here.”
The “With/In” filmmakers and solid consist of:
- “Nuts,” directed by Chris Cooper, published by Marianne Leone, starring Marianne Leone and Chris Cooper
- “Neighborhood Check out,” penned and directed by Sam Nivola, starring Emly Mortimer, Alessandro Nivola, May Nivola and Sam Nivola
- “One Night Stand,” penned and directed by Griffin Dunne, starring Griffin Dunne and Zonia Pelensky
- “Touching,” directed by Jonathan Cake and Julianne Nicholson, written by Jonathan Cake, starring Julianne Nicholson, Jonathan Cake, Iggy Cake, Phoebe Cake
- “Mother!!” directed by Morgan Spector and Maya Singer, published by Maya Singer, starring Rebecca Hall, Morgan Spector and Maya Singer
- “Coco and Gigi,” penned and directed by Rosie Perez, starring Rosie Perez and Justina Machado
- “In the Air,” composed and directed by Invoice Camp and Elizabeth Marvel, starring Monthly bill Camp, Elizabeth Marvel and Silas Camp
- “Her Possess,” created and directed by Arliss Howard, starring Debra Winger and Arliss Howard
- “Twenty Queries,” composed and directed by Sebastian Gutierrez, starring Carla Gugino and Adrianne Palicki
- “Shell Sport,” prepared and directed by Gina Gershon, starring Gina Gershon
- “I’m Listening,” directed by Mickey Sumner, written by Portia Alen-Buckley and Mike Lindley, starring Mickey Sumner and Trudie Styler
- “Leap,” directed by Sanaa Lathan, written by Margaret Nagle, starring Sanaa Lathan and Lucy Punch
- “Intersection,” published and directed by Bart Freundlich, starring Julianne Moore, Don Cheadle, Talia Balsam, Taj Swaminathan-Sipp