– Demario Davis – K All-Pro linebacker New Orleans Saints
-Stephen Diggs – buffalo bill all pro wide receiver
– Lamar Jackson – Baltimore Ravens Quarterback and NFL Most Valuable Player of 2019
– Taylor Rapp – The Defensive Back Los Angeles Ramso
– Liz Sowers – Coach, Women’s Flag Football, University of Ottawa
– Charlie Ward – Former Florida State quarterback and 1993 Heisman Trophy winner
The global appeal of selected international athletes underscores the group’s scope and ambition to promote the sport around the world, as well as the impact of international players on the NFL. Taylor Rapp was born in the United States of America, her mother is from Shanghai, China and her father is of Canadian origin. Liz Sowers is currently the head coach of the women’s flag football program at the University of Ottawa in Canada.
Already announced ambassadors with international connections include:
Osi Umeniora, the first British-born player to win a Super Bowl, was born in London to Nigerian parents and is now committed to raising the profile of football in Europe and Africa.
– Amon-Ra St. Brown, wide receiver Detroit Lionsis a German citizen and speaks fluent German and French thanks to her German-born mother.
– Desiree Abrams, who has made a name for herself on the international stage, including as a member of the refereeing team leading flag football at the World Games, as well as the 2018 and 2021 IFAF World Flag Football Championships and the 2022 IFAF Women’s. world Championship. In 2016, she founded the National Women’s Football Officials Association, which aims to improve opportunities for women’s football referees.
,I’m excited to have the opportunity to represent flag football for the NFL and to use my platform to make the sport more accessible and popular in the United States and around the world.”Told New Orleans Saints All pro linebacker Demario Davis. ,Not only is it a great introduction to youth tackle football, teaching important fundamentals and foundations in a safe way, but its appeal to men, women, boys and girls is impressive. I also believe I can really bring something to flag football through my experience coaching and mentoring teams in the New Orleans area and at our dedicated Dreamers Foundation and dedicated Dreamers Academy in my home state of Mississippi. I see serving as the flag football ambassador as a great opportunity to further promote the sport. ,
“I am thrilled to serve as the Global Flag Football Ambassador to spread Flag Football around the world,” said buffalo bill All pro wide receiver Stephen Diggs. “I am proud to contribute to the NFL’s efforts to bring Flag Football to global attention.”
“It is an honor to represent the NFL as we continue to expand the popularity of flag football around the world,” said Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson. “I love how fast the sport has evolved and it’s amazing to see the impact it has made, especially for boys and girls everywhere at the youth level. Soccer is the ultimate team sport and flag competitions are another way that sports people get together.” brings together and creates opportunities for fun.”
“I am honored to have the opportunity to engage with the NFL and IFAF, as well as top athletes and coaches, to open the eyes of the world to flag football.University of Ottawa head coach Liz Sowers said. ,I look forward to using my platform to help grow this sport and highlight the importance of this sport to equality and inclusion. If you know what ‘flag football’ is, I dare you to abandon that idea and give up because it’s going to be a crazy ride. This is the first time we can finally say, “Football is for everyone.”
“I am honored to be included in the NFL and IFAF Global Flag Football Ambassador Team”Heisman Trophy winner Charlie Ward said. ,Football made me who I am today and flag football was my introduction to the game. Like other team sports, flag football encourages hard work, camaraderie and sportsmanship – all important life skills. Plus, it supports a healthy lifestyle by motivating people to exercise and stay active. Flag Football is open to people of all ages and skill levels and I am excited to help promote the sport around the world with the Ambassador Program. ,
Web guru. Amateur thinker. Unapologetic problem solver. Zombie expert. Hipster-friendly travel geek. Social mediaholic.