For some of the links in this article, BUNTE.de receives a commission from the dealer, so we can, for example, provide you with exclusive products at unbeatable prices. All arbitration-relevant links a . are with
icon Marked. happy shopping
A rash on your face can be very uncomfortable — and upsetting. There can be many different reasons for this.
8 most common causes of facial rash
The causes of a rash on the face can be very diverse. The following reasons may exist:
- herpes on nose and mouth
Rashes on the face can also be caused by herpes. These are small bubbles filled with liquid. The skin in this area becomes swollen and red. More than 80 percent of the population carries the herpes simplex virus. This virus becomes active when the body’s immunity is weak. Fever blisters get better after three weeks.
- Rosacea as a Cause of Rash
However, rashes on the face can also be caused by rosacea. The spots itch and burn. This is because the veins in the skin are chronically dilated.
when to go to the doctor
You should see a doctor immediately if you notice the following warning signs:
- when you’re in severe pain
- If the rash keeps changing or spreading
- If the rash on your face lasts for more than three days
- If you experience other physical symptoms
Here are the treatment options
If allergies are causing the rash on your face, your doctor will prescribe an antihistamine. The situation is somewhat different in the case of bacterial infection. Then antibiotics help.
In the case of chronic seborrheic eczema or rosacea, you can relieve symptoms with a special cream. These include, for example, cortisone, zinc or azelaic acid. Change your facial care routine to improve the health of your skin. so pick up mild care products For your face based on natural ingredients.
Avoid synthetic surfactants, fragrances, alcohol, paraffin and silicone. But there are also natural skin irritants, such as peppermint, bergamot or lemon.
home remedies for a rash
You can also treat the rashes on your face with natural home remedies. On the one hand, you reduce the healing time and on the other hand, you reduce the symptoms. The following home remedies have been shown to be effective:
- hamamelis virginiana This home remedy contains about 160 different valuable active ingredients. It is colloquially called witch hazel. This allows you to promote the natural healing of your skin. You are fighting itching and swelling. At the same time more moisture is supplied to your skin. The remedy is obtained from the bark, twigs or leaves of the shrub. In the form of Applying oilSolution or suppository, miracle cure can be applied.
- nettle – contents of nettle Has an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect on your skin, relieves itching. It is best to use nettle as a poultice. Alternatively, you can also use nettle tea sensibly.
Web guru. Amateur thinker. Unapologetic problem solver. Zombie expert. Hipster-friendly travel geek. Social mediaholic.