- Kennedy spoke with The Wrap about the foreseeable future of “Star Wars” franchise, “The Mandalorian” and Infant Yoda. She stated that the potential of “Star Wars” continues to be in the air.
- She claimed Lucasfilm will take a “step back again and truly take up what George (Lucas) produced.”
- “That’s what we’ve been doing, and we’ve been acquiring a terrific deal of enjoyable doing it, and conference with plenty of various filmmakers and talent.”
Is the long term on Television set?
- “The ability to be really character-pushed, with extended storytelling and connected storytelling … I imagine this space features us a wonderful chance to do that.”
- “There’s so quite a few lovers out there and so lots of filmmakers that have been affected by ‘Star Wars ‘for so lengthy that it’s a amazing prospect to get a perception of who desires to be a portion of this.”
Tv as a medium for “Star Wars” will allow for the franchise to return to its roots. Each of the films are literally titled “episodes,” which indicates every single chapter in the trilogies is a piece of a bigger puzzle. Relocating around to the television medium absolutely — with the off film here or there that might element a crossover occasion — permits “Star Wars” to embrace that strategy to the fullest. 7 days-to-7 days episodes would allow for far better storytelling, a greater appear at the “Star Wars” universe and a probability for producers to training course appropriate if they see their tale is not fitting the bill for a lot of fans.