The Weeknd announced a Grammy boycott

The Weeknd announced a Grammy boycott

Canadian singer The Weeknd wants future Grammy Awards To boycott As the 31-year-old announced in an interview on Thursday, there will be no more songs for her in the future award ceremony Submitted.

After going back in November last year Twitter Was announced Grammy “Corrupt”, Canadian musician The Weeknd said in an interviewnew York Times“I know award ceremony Want to boycott in future. “Due to secret committees, I will no longer allow my label to play with my music.” Grammy “The singer said on Thursday. Although his latest album” After Hours “2020 has topped the charts of many countries for several weeks, making a nomination for 63rd. Grammy Awards outside. The 31-year-old again accused the organizers of corruption.

award ceremony Has long been under criticism: Black artists have been underestimated for years, hence the accusations. Other artists such as Drake, Kanye West or Frank Ocean Already publicly opposed the nomination process Grammy Sounded.

Because the voting system Grammy Not transparent, nominations have regularly led to controversy in recent years. The process does not seem rational for many: An anonymous group of experts reviews the initial nomination decisions made by the Recording Academy, a non-profit association of artists and producers. In 61 of the total 84 award categories, the group has the final say on who will be awarded the contract. The committee is repeatedly accused of making partisan and more recent racist decisions.




Written By
More from Miriam Garner

Car In Police Convoy Using Gangster Vikas Dubey To Kanpur Overturns

Vikas Dubey and policemen travelling in the jeep are believed to have...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *