In a few weeks, Messenger won’t work on some smartphones. A list of included devices is already doing the rounds.
Mountain View – WhatsApp has announced that its features will soon not be fully functional on some smartphone models. Messenger’s makers pause at some hiatus to further develop the service for older operating systems.
First, because they fear a lack of security updates for outdated software. Second, in order not to test new functions already on an unmanageable number of operating system versions.
From November 1, 2021, only smartphones with Android 4.1, iOS 10 and KaiOS 2.5.1 operating systems can install and use WhatsApp. american business magazine entrepreneur Reported the plans in the initial phase and submitted the list of affected models online:
WhatsApp Support Ends: These Android Smartphones Affected
- Alcatel: One Touch Evo 7
- HUAWEI: Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D Quad XL, Ascend D1 Quad XL, Ascend P1 S, and Ascend D2.
- LG: Lucid 2, Optimus Prime F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus Prime L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus Prime L7 II, Optimus Prime F6 , Enact, Optimus Prime L4 II Dual, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Prime HD and 4X HD, and Optimus F3Q.
- Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy SII, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core and Galaxy Ace 2.
- Sony: Xperia Miro, Sony Xperia Neo L, Xperia Arc S.
- ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987 and Grand Memo.
- Other Manufacturers: Archos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat B15, Wiko Sync Five, Wiko Darkknight, Lenovo A820, UMI X2, Fea F1 and THL W8.
WhatsApp Chat Backup: How It Works
As per the report, WhatsApp recommends switching to newer smartphone models so as not to have to close the account with them. entrepreneur It is recommended that affected people back up their chat history before November 1. To do this, you need to call up “Settings” in the app, then select the “Chats” sub-item and then check the “Backup” box.
You can of course also switch to a messenger competition like Telegram, Signal or Threema.
image Writes on this topic that there is another possibility. An operating system update can be found under Settings with “multiple models”. So watch it as a precaution. The next comprehensive end of support for WhatsApp isn’t due again until late 2022, reports The Sheet.
We had given wrong information that that too three iphone model Affected: Apple iPhone SE, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPhone 6S Plus. Models can always be updated to io10 and higher. So WhatsApp can still be used. The editors apologized for the mistaken misrepresentation. (FRS)
List of rubrics lists: © Michael Bihlmayer / Imago
Internet fan. Alcohol expert. Beer ninja. Organizer. Certified tv specialist. Explorer. Social media nerd.