Windows fans may rejoice: first because Microsoft boss has confirmed that Windows has never been more important than today and second because they announced major changes at the same time. While he did not go into further detail, it should be clear that this refers to major Sun Valley design updates for Windows 10, which is due to come with Windows 10 21H2 in the fall. We will show what is behind this and how you can be the first person to receive the news.
There are several points of criticism of Windows 10: One thing that troubles many users is the wild design mix. Critics often refer to the optics collection of the last 30 years – and not without good reason. However, since Windows 10 is the most widely used operating system and not a museum, many users want a more uniform interface and can also be more stylish. Microsoft understood this and CEO Satya Nadella also announced a new generation of Windows.
One thing is for sure Windows 10 my update And end of project Windows 10x Microsoft wants to install an aromatic trail with Windows 10 21H2 in the fall. They have long been working on an optical update to various central components of Windows 10, such as Explorer, taskbar, start menu, or information center, under the name “Project Sun Valley”. We will show you what is new, what is coming and how you can see the next Windows generation now.
Test windows 10 21h2 now
With the Windows Insider program you can watch the development of Windows 10 up close. If something new, it will be distributed to insiders only after internal testing at Microsoft. To become a Windows Insider, you must register with your Microsoft account. You can then try Insider Updates for free. Important: We advise against doing this on productive systems, because ultimately, internal versions of Windows 10 are still experimental. You should also make a full backup of the system beforehand so that you can come back in case of an error.
Insider updates are activated in the settings under “Update and Security”. You will find the menu item “Windows Insider Program” on the left side in the sidebar. Note that, as an insider, you must provide complete telemetry data to Microsoft. Save your Microsoft account in the internal settings and select the appropriate channel. Select “Dev Channel” to see the latest bits. After the restart, Windows Update should show the latest developer build.
Windows 10 21H2 Design Update: Rounded Corner
What “the most important Windows update of the last ten years” really meant was left open by Nadella, but some things can at least be extracted from the novelty of WinUI, which is open to the public GitHub Are accessible. Corners do not always have to live up to their name and have to be “angular”. There is currently more demand for re-software design. Look at macOS 11 everywhere or with rounded corners on it Proton design from firefox. For Windows this means that Windows will have rounded corners, as well as UI elements such as Start Menu or Information Center.
Anyone who opens new settings such as other apps or modern areas should also see round design in the future. If Microsoft pulls it out constantly, the buttons and other elements will definitely have to get rid of their corners. These many small changes in optics do not interfere with the operation, but all act as a visual refreshment. It remains to be seen what happens to the “old” UI elements.
New icons, fonts and animations
What you can already see in Insider Builds is a refresh of the icons. This is not necessarily the case on Windows 10 21H2, Microsoft has long been bringing new icons to internal versions, only to allow them to be leaked to older Windows 10 versions. For example, new colored icons can be found in Explorer, but icons in settings are also refreshed.
There is also a new font with the Segoe UI variable which is said to be easy to adapt to different display sizes. Windows 10 also refreshes when the program starts the animation or when the virtual keyboard is opened. Overall, the whole thing should be running “smooth”.
Windows 10 21H2. Potential new optics in
Microsoft has not yet announced how widespread the design update to Windows 10 21H2 will be and which components will be affected. Soon there may also be a program dedicated to the largest construction sites and then officially shows the new photos. It is also possible that everything does not come together. But from what you’ve seen with Windows 10X, the new look should have an impact in the following areas:
- start menu: Only with him Windows 10 october update The look of the start menu was adjusted, but not yet. Apparently Microsoft is working on the effects used and round corners will also be an issue. In addition, the start menu should float slightly above the taskbar when folded so that the background is visible. The “Windows Tools” folder is new and inherits Administration Tools. In addition, the Start menu now automatically opens after an update.
- Taskbar: Reportedly the code of the taskbar should be reconstructed more extensively, which should also be important with respect to the tablet surface. The details are not known, but Windows fans naturally dream of features such as a focused start button such as in Windows 10x Or transparent taskbar, which you can still use today additional equipment Gotta adjust myself.
- information Center: Many users ignore the information center, as it is quite heavy in the field of vision. It has long been rumored that the whole thing should be more modular and therefore lighter.
- Explorer: The Explorer has not received any great new features in a long time, the surface can definitely be tuned here. The direction is clear, users should no longer be overwhelmed with choices. You can see a big difference between entries. But does Microsoft Explorer dare to switch to apps or at least two-dimensional operation?
- Microsoft Store: Let’s be honest, Microsoft Store is included in Windows 10, but it is more likely to make headlines with errors and malware. Should this change, Microsoft is planning optical updates on the one hand, but also wants to support other file formats, such as EXE and MSI files, on the other hand.
- Dark mode: Dark Look for Windows 10 has been around for a long time, but Microsoft doesn’t really conform to it. Here we are working on optimizing for a more consistent dark mode.
Windows 10 21H2. Other new features in
If you follow Windows development or build Windows 10 Dev yourself, you can try some new features:
- Internet Explorer: Microsoft has said goodbye to Internet Explorer. For one test, the IE code was removed from inside construction. But for Windows 10 21H2 that comes very quickly.
- Windows terminal: Microsoft is a great tool for Windows professionals Windows terminal. It combines various command lines under one hood. Instead of calling CMD, PowerShell and WSL separately, the new tool bundles Shell. As of now you have to install Windows Terminal yourself, should bring Windows 10 21H2 with you.
- Power Automatic Desktop: Windows users should be more productive. Microsoft recently had a payment tool for this Power automatic desktop Provided free of charge. With Windows 10 21H2 it should become an integral part of Windows.
- Built-in accessory: The notepad, paint and snipping tools are now supplied with updates through the Microsoft Store.
- Virtual Desktop: A practical feature is the virtual desktop, which Microsoft wants to take one step further with the update. So in the end it should be possible to set different wallpapers for different desktops.
- Task Manager: The Task Manager becomes more powerful and shows the sub-processes of the Edge browser, with more detail, for example. There is also an eco mode that enables users to reduce resource consumption specifically for a process.
- HDR-Support: Windows 10 gets HDR support. By setting, users can give creative programs such as Photoshop access to the full color gamut of the display.
- device Manager: Device Manager makes it easy to manage drivers with the new view.
- Program restart: As an additional option, users can now automatically restart the program after logging in.
Internet fan. Alcohol expert. Beer ninja. Organizer. Certified tv specialist. Explorer. Social media nerd.